Teen Gift Boxes Protect Their Valuable Belongings

Let me give you an example of a time when I used a dead deer to teach my 3 year old son about the dangers of playing in the street. We live in an area that was once considered the "country." It is quickly becoming a large suburban area now, but we still have deer running through our neighborhood on a consistent basis. One Sunday morning as I left for church, I noticed a small deer lying in our drainage ditch. Apparently, it had been hit by a car over night. I thought to myself, when I come home from church I'm going to use this as an opportunity to teach my young toddler what can happen if you play in the road.



So, when we got home from church, I pulled into the driveway and while Mom went into the house, my son and I headed for the drainage ditch. I showed him the deer and explained to him that the baby deer had been playing in the street and as a result had been hit by a car and killed. I will never forget the look in my toddler's eyes as he stared at the dead baby deer. Needless to say, it left a lasting impression on him. Of course strong selfie when I went in the house and explained to my wife this ingenious lesson I had just taught our son, she was not as excited as I was.

Most of you moms are probably in her corner on this one. Most of you dads, however, are thinking what an awesome idea and will be on the lookout for road-kill. Did I go a little far on this one? I don't know. All I know, is we have never had an issue with our son playing in the street. I still believe it was a great way to teach my son a very important lesson and I don't think he is scarred for life. The fact is, death is real and we can either try to shelter our kids from it or use it to teach them about the value of life and the finality of death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 More Great Ways to Start an Online Business At Home

Start A Small Online Business From Home In 4 Simple Steps

Proven Ideas to Really Stop Ringing Sound in the Ears